Spring is here!
The trees are blooming, the flowers growing and the allergies are circling all around us.
Please read the following physician-reviewed article for more information about the signs, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of seasonal allergies:
Sleeping Habits and Recommendations
As our children grow, their needs may change. But how much sleep is enough? Consider these sleep guidelines by age group:
· 1–3 years need 12–14 hours
· 3–5 years old need 11–13 hours
· 5–10 years old need 10–11 hours
· 10-17 years need 8.5–9.5 hours
Not only children, but also adults may find it hard sometimes to settle before bedtime, especially after an active and busy day. Here are some tips to make this transition easier:
· Go to bed at the same time each night, and rise at the same time each morning.
· Sleep in a quiet, dark, and relaxing environment, which is neither too hot nor too cold.
· Make your bed comfortable and use it only for sleeping and not for other activities, such as reading, watching TV, or listening to music.
· Remove all TVs, computers, and other "gadgets" from the bedroom.
· Avoid physical activity within a few hours of bedtime.
· Avoid large meals before bedtime.