LIVINGSTON HIGH SCHOOL
PROCEDURE FOR COURSE WORK THAT MEETS ORIGINAL CREDIT
The Livingston School District is willing to provide students with an opportunity to earn course credits outside of the district for original credit provided the following procedure is followed:
1. A parent/guardian who wishes to enroll his/her child in a course during the summer for the purpose of original credit must submit that request in writing to his/her child's School Counselor.
2. The written request must include the following information:
3. A syllabus of the course must be attached to the written request when submitted to the School Counselor.
4. Requests for original credit must be submitted to the School Counselor by June 1, 2013. The request must then be approved by the School Counselor, Curriculum Supervisor, and the Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction.
5. Upon course completion, the student will be required to take the mid-term exam and the final exam for the respective course offered at Livingston High School. Students must earn a minimum grade of C on each exam in order to advance to the next course.
6. Upon course approval for original credit, the student will receive a confirmation letter listing the dates in the summer when the exams will be given.
7. Courses taken outside of Livingston High School for the Class of 2014 and subsequent classes will be listed on the student’s transcript along with the educational institution and the corresponding grade. However, the grade will not be calculated into the student’s grade point average (GPA).
8. PLEASE NOTE:
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION HERE.