Degrees and Certifications:
We want everybody to feel special on their birthday and enjoy celebrating with our class! On your child's birthday, we will sing and they will receive a special pencil and certificate. If you child's birthday falls over the summer, please e-mail me with a date (which can be anytime throughout the year - some students like to choose their half birthday!) that your child would like to celebrate. Birthdays that fall on a weekend, can either be celebrated on the Friday or Monday closest to your child's birthday. If you would like to acknowledge your child’s birthday in class here are some ways:
1. Sending in a special book to read
2. Sending in a small token (pencil/eraser)
3. Donating a game
4. Sending in a HEALTHY snack that follows the district policy (read below). In addition, only send in snacks that do not have nuts or have been made in a facility without nuts. Please e-mail me at least two days before letting me know what you are sending.
Should you have any questions regarding our in-class birthday celebrations, please do not hesitate to contact me.
The following items may not be served, sold, or given to students as free promotion anywhere on school property at any time during the school day:
1. All food and beverage items listing sugar, in any form, as the first ingredient;
2. All forms of candy;
3. All soda;
4. Any snacks and beverages containing more than eight grams of total fat per serving, with the exception of nuts and seeds, when allowed to be served in accordance with Policy #5331 - Anaphylaxis to Food and other Substances; and
5. Any snacks containing more than two grams of saturated fat per serving.