|Dear Parents and Guardians,
We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the 2016–2017 school year! We hope you had a wonderful summer and are geared up for the new school year. In addition to lunch services at all, we also provide a breakfast menu at the high school and two middle schools.
We are extremely excited to be here and look forward to serving you and your children.
We want you to know that we take this responsibility seriously and put your child’s nutrition and well-being above everything. ARAMARK is happy to provide your child with nutritious and exciting recipes and menus, vibrant dining environments, and nutritional information and messaging to encourage healthy eating and exercise to maintain a well-balanced lifestyle.
NutriKids Point-of-Sale System
For those of you new to the cafeteria program, we’d like to outline our NurtiKids Point-of-Sale (POS) system. The NutriKids POS system benefits you, your child, and the school in a number of practical ways. We hope that you and your student will consider taking advantage of some of these convenient options. Please read the following information carefully.
We will be using a computerized cash register system to ease the payment process for your child. Here’s how it will work:
You will also have the ability to view and print out a copy of your child’s meal purchase history report. This history report will show all the dates and times that your child has purchased lunch within the past 30 days. Please be advised that when you first create your account, you will only be able to see your child’s history for that day. To view the 30-day history, log out and then sign back in again. All student balances will transfer with them as they graduate from Kindergarten to 12th grade.
- You can add money to your child’s account by filling out an envelope and sealing the payment inside. Your child can drop this envelope off in the cafeteria.
- The envelope should be clearly marked with your child’s name, grade, and homeroom. If the payment is for more than one child, indicate how the money should be split (for example, Johnny = $10.00 and Sally = $15.00).
- We encourage payment be made in the form of a check made out to “Livingston Public Schools Cafeteria Account”.
- Pre-payments can also be done online by visiting www.myschoolbucks.com, and registering your child by using their student ID number, and following the instructions for registering on the website.
- Payment can be made in any amount your budget will allow. Students who have money on account will not have to worry about lunch money every morning and will go through the lunch line quickly at school.
- All students will use their student ID number to access their lunch account.
- Students will enter their ID number into a PIN pad prior to the cashier. Please help your child learn this number before school starts on September 6, 2016.
Free and Reduced-Priced Meals
Applications for free and reduced priced meals are available through the Business Office by contacting Joann Goldberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or through your child’s school. Completed forms should be returned to your child’s school or can be mailed directly to Joann Goldberg at 11 Foxcroft Drive. As a courtesy, all students who qualified for free or reduced-priced lunches last June will remain eligible until October 23, 2016. After that date, students must have a new application completed and returned to the school office to continue to receive free or reduced-priced meals.
Families who qualify for free or reduced-priced lunches also qualify for the same category of breakfast. If the income in your household changes during the school year, please feel free to fill out another application.
There is a growing amount of food allergies and intolerances occurring in children. Please let us know if your child has any special dietary restrictions, and we will try to accommodate them as much as possible.
Again, welcome to the 2016–2017 school year. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding any aspect of the Food Service Program at your child’s school, please feel free to contact Michael Fassbender at 973-535-8000 ext 8051 and I will be more than happy to assist you.
Also, from time to time, we will reach out to you to obtain your feedback regarding the Food Service Program through our ViewPoint Survey process, which will be made available through the school districts website. We hope you will take the time to share your thoughts and ideas with us throughout the year.
Thank you for your support and cooperation. We look forward to another successful school year!
Food Service Director
ARAMARK Education/Livingston Public Schools
Food Service Department
973-535-8000 ext. 8051