School Dish provides food service to your child’s school. We are extremely excited to be here and look forward to serving you and your children. We want you to know that we take this responsibility seriously and put your child’s nutrition and well-being above everything. School Dish is happy to provide your child with nutritious and exciting recipes and menus, vibrant dining environments, and nutritional information and messaging to encourage healthy eating and exercise to maintain a well-balanced lifestyle. We’d like to take this opportunity to share with you our programs and services for the new school year.
All of our menus will be posted in the cafeteria and on the cafeteria’s page on your school’s website. In addition, this year we have added nutritional information. https://livingston.schooldish.com/ can be used to view the school menu, healthy for life topics, along with nutritionals and other healthy facts. The school lunch price is $3.95 (Includes hot or cold meal of the day, a vegetable, fruit and a choice of low-fat milk, apple juice or 8oz water). The price for reduced lunch is $0.40. All students who prepay or qualify for free or reducedpriced meals may go directly to the school cashier. We would also like to encourage everyone to set up and use the POS system. This will also help speed up service. Information to set up an account is listed below. Please note every student is automatically setup with a lunch account even if the account is not funded. This helps speed up service when a child forgets his/her lunch at home. If your child will be paying with cash please put the exact amount in an envelope marked with his or her name as well as the grade level and homeroom teacher’s name. The classroom teacher will send the envelope to the office in the morning. Please review with your child what you would like them to choose each day. This will help the classroom teacher complete the morning order form.
NutriKids Point-of-Sale System
For those of you new to the cafeteria program, we’d like to outline the NurtiKids Point-of-Sale (POS) system. The NutriKids POS system benefits you, your child, and the school in a number of practical ways. We hope that you and your student will consider taking advantage of some of these convenient options. Please read the following information carefully. The system will be open to access new accounts and make prepayments on August 24 th . We will be using a computerized cash register system to ease the payment process for your child. Here’s how it will work:
- We encourage payment be made in the form of a check made out to “LPS Cafe Account”.
- You can add money to your child’s account by filling out an envelope and sealing the payment inside. Your child can give this envelope to his or her classroom teacher who will send it to the office.
- The envelope should be clearly marked with your child’s name, grade, and homeroom. If the payment is for more than one child, indicate how the money should be split (for example, Johnny = $10.00 and Sally = $15.00).
- Pre-payments can also be done online by visiting www.myschoolbucks.com, and registering your child by using their student ID number, and following the instructions for registering on the website.
- Payment can be made in any amount your budget will allow. Students who have money on account will not have to worry about lunch money every morning and will go through the lunch line quickly at school.
- All students are automatically imported into NutriKids so there is nothing that you need to do in order to setup. Please note that at anytime you can reach out to the district and deactivate your child’s account if you choose to.
- All students will use their student ID number to access their lunch account. The homeroom teachers have setup procedures to assist the children in this process.
- Students will enter their GENESIS ID number into a PIN pad prior to the cashier. Please help your child learn this number before school starts. Your students ID number can be found on the Genesis Portal. You will also have the ability to view and print out a copy of your child’s meal purchase history report. This history report will show all the dates and times that your child has purchased lunch within the past 30 days. Please be advised that when you first create your account, you will only be able to see your child’s history for that day. To view the 30-day history, log out and then sign back in again. All student balances will transfer with them as they graduate from Kindergarten to 12th grade.
Free and Reduced-Priced Meals
Applications for free and reduced priced meals are available through the Business Office by contacting Joann Goldberg at email@example.com or through your child’s school. Completed forms should be returned to your child’s school or can be mailed directly to Joann Goldberg at 11 Foxcroft Drive. As a courtesy, all students who qualified for free or reduced-priced lunches last June will remain eligible until October. After that date, students must have a new application completed and returned to the school office to continue to receive free or reduced-priced meals.
There is a growing amount of food allergies and intolerances occurring in children. Please let us know through the school nurse if your child has any special dietary restrictions, and we will try to accommodate them as much as possible. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding any aspect of the Food Service Program at your child’s school, please feel free to contact Michael Fassbender at 973-535-8000 ext. 8051 and I will be more than happy to assist you.
Also, from time to time, we will reach out to you to obtain your feedback regarding the Food Service Program through our ViewPoint Survey process, which will be made available through the school districts website. We hope you will take the time to share your thoughts and ideas with us throughout the year.
Michael Fassbender, Food Service Director
Livingston Public Schools
Food Service Department
973-535-8000 ext. 8051