Year 2 - 1:1 Initiative
The 1:1 computing initiative continues, “To provide effective technology resources and training to foster a community of academic risk-taking, innovation, collaboration, and global awareness.”
Keeping Your 1:1 Device Over the Summer
Livingston Public Schools is encouraging all students to retain their 1:1 device over the summer. This offers many benefits. Specifically, students will be able to use their device without interruption over the summer to complete any summer assignments or school related tasks. They will also not need to come in over the summer to pick up their device. Please note that students electing not to keep their device over the summer will receive their same device for the new school year. This program is open to all incoming 8th through 12th graders.
HMS students will be receiving new devices for the 2017-18 school year. Students electing to keep their device over the summer will swap it for a new one during the distribution period.SENIORS: Device collection for graduating Seniors will begin on Wednesday June 14th at the Technology Help Desk in the Media Center. All seniors must bring their Surface, keyboard, charger, pen and protective case. Any missing accessories will assessed as follows: keyboard: $129, pen: $60, charger: $35.00 and case: $25.00. Payment for missing accessories must be made by check. No cash will be accepted. Graduating seniors will not receive their diploma or participate in the graduation ceremony unless their device is returned and all outstanding fines are paid.Important Notes:
- The 2017-18 Device fee ($62.00) must be paid by Thursday, June 22nd
- All payment can be made through the Livingston MySchoolBucks website
- Failure to pay the device fee or not returning device prior to the end of the year will result in:
- Suspension of LPS network login
- No access to student schedule over summer until device is returned or fee paid
- Students/Parents will be financially liable for device breakage
- Graduating seniors will not receive their diplomas until their devices are returned.
June 14 through June 22
Device collection for graduating seniors and students not electing to keep device over summer (HMS and LHS) July 17
Exiting Student Accounts Disabled and no longer accessible July 31 through August 4
Device distribution for LHS students July 31 through August 4
and August 7 through August 11
Device distribution/swap for Heritage studentsBacking up your data:
- Students and faculty are already encouraged to save work to network I-Drive or cloud-based storage (Google or Office 365)
- Any locally saved files should be copied to cloud or network I-Drive prior to leaving for the summer
- Exiting students must back up their data to external device or personal cloud-based account prior to 8/1
Click here for detailed instructions...