¡Bienvenidos a la clase de Español
I hope you had a wonderful summer vacation. I look forward to meeting you and starting the school year. We have so many new and exciting things to learn! I hope you are as eager as I am to get started. This year we will continue to sharpen our skills as well as explore Spanish culture and music through games! Once we get rolling and you are really working, I have a few more fun surprises :)
YOU WILL BE SPANISH ROCK STARS before you know it!
Livingston Public Schools World Language expectations:
The expectation from Livingston Public Schools are for language classes to be 90% in the target language and 10% English use. Still keeping in mind that elementary Spanish is only an introduction to the language and using the target language will allow your child to be exposed to and grow in the language.
My expectations are that students follow my 4 basic rules...
1) Pay attention by looking and listening.
2) Treat each other with respect!
3) Raise your hand ONLY for English. I allow students to call out in Spanish to encourage communication in the target language. If they cannot express themselves in Spanish, they can raise their hand and wait to be called on.
4) Sit OR stand approprietly, this is for the safety of your child since I do a lot of work group with students! If these 4 rules are followed this allows for all the fun games and activites I have planned for the year!
5) Have fun BUT DON'T GO BANANAS!
~*~*~Just keep calm and speak Spanish!~*~*~
P.S. Parents please check out my resoruces page for videos and games your child can do at home. You can find these resoruces on the drop down menu to the left.
If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me at: email@example.com