Supporting School Gardens and Outdoor Classrooms
The LEF has allocated funds for:
- $1,125 toward the MPE Courtyard #1 to include: Spring 2015: Goals/Phases 1-8and Special Projects; and
- $6,100 toward the building of the MPE Courtyard #2: to include pavers, bench seating, stage, blackboard; as well as,
- $500 toward the Burnet Hill Garden to create an eco-system that will support the current garden structure, including: Honey Bee Area, Worm Garden and Butterfly Garden.
- $9,000 to the Collins Kindness Garden toward materials and installation of garden hardscape to include: raised and framed planting beds, gravel garden paths and beneficial border herb and sensory garden.
- $793 to EarthKeepers at Mt. Pleasant Middle School toward the creation of their garden.
Plans for future support and project management will include…
♦ a survey of school stakeholders to determine interest and need as well as a timeline for strategic fund-raising and implementation and
♦ hub for communication connecting curriculum to the outdoor space, sharing of goals, activities and resources.
If you would like to make a donation to the LEF, please click below. We thank you in advance for your support.
The Livingston Education Foundation is a qualified 501(c)(3) corporation registered with the Charities Registration in the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs. Contributions to the Livingston Education Foundation are deductible to the maximum amount allowed by law. Federal Tax ID: 52-1799773