- Hillside Elementary School
- Hillside Homepage
June 4, 2023Posted by Carlos Gramata on 6/4/2023 10:00:00 AM
Hello, Hillside Families! I hope you are enjoying the weekend with your awesome children!
What a fun week we had! Our fifth graders who were in the musical showcased a masterful performance of Seussical, Jr.! So much talent–they truly impressed! We rounded out the week on Friday with an awesome Field Day and our annual Fifth Grade Games. While the weather was hot, it certainly didn't keep us from having a fun-filled day!
The excitement continues this week as we look forward to the following:
Monday's Spring Concert! The students in band, orchestra and chorus will host a school-wide rehearsal during the day for the student body as they prepare for the evening show starting at 6:30 p.m. at Heritage Middle School. We are very much looking forward to it!
On Tuesday, we will have our school-wide Literacy Celebration, where buddy classes will share their literacy work over the year with one another and celebrate all the learning that took place in literacy this year.
After a three-year hiatus, our fifth graders are being treated, once again, to the Fifth Grade Boat Trip, courtesy of the Hillside PTA. This trip, the last these students will take as Huskies, will serve to celebrate our fifth graders' time at Hillside and we are very grateful to the PTA for all its work in making this happen. The students will surely have a great time!
Third graders will be treated to an Instrumental Demonstration Assembly on Thursday afternoon. The purpose of this assembly is to showcase the available instrumental options for next school year. Information about band and orchestra for next year for third grade families is forthcoming.
We look forward to welcoming new and returning Kindergarten families on Thursday evening at Incoming Kindergarten Parent Orientation. The event will start at 7:00 p.m. in the school's upper gym. The main door will open at 6:45 p.m.
The Fourth Grade 24 Game Tournament returns on Friday after many years! The game will test our fourth graders' fact fluency as they participate in a friendly competition. Thanks to our math interventionists, Mrs. Laura Dugan and Mrs. Amanda King, for reviving this classic! Should be fun!
Please read the PTA June Newsletter that follows:
June PTA Newsletter
Thank you to all the families who attended the PTA Spring Carnival! It was the perfect way to spend our last few weeks of the school year together as a school community. Thank you to all the volunteers who helped make the event a success!
****This is a friendly reminder to order school supplies for next year! Last day to order is June 30th! Please see below more information from the School Supplies Committee.
Enter the school ID, HIL258
Make sure to order your child's grade for the 2023-2024 school year!
Please see what is coming up this month at Hillside!
1) Father’s Day Sale! We have partnered with Jersey Gals for our Father’s Day Sale. Place your order here: Happy Father's Day Treat Box (Fundraiser) | Jersey Gal Creations Sale is open from May 29 th until June 9 th . Use Code: hillside23 and 15% of sales will be donated to Hillside PTA. You can pick up your order at Jersey Gals located on 45 Northfield Rd. (Livingston Bagel building).
2) Last Bake Sale of the year is on June 9th. We are looking for volunteers to work the bake sale stand and bake goods donations. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are available to help. Thank you!
3) For 4th grade parents only! There will be a Zoom meeting on June 6th at 7pm. Please join the call, we will be discussing roles of the 5th Grade Committee and all the fun events your child will be part of in 5th grade.
Meeting ID: 812 9616 4142
4) Last PTA meeting of the year will take place on June 13th at 7pm. Please join us as we confirm the new 2023-2024 Executive Board members. See Mr. Gramata's weekly newsletter for the Zoom link to join the meeting.
5) For 5th grade parents only: After the Moving Up Ceremony on June 15th, the PTA is hosting a lunch for the 5th grade class (students only). We are looking for parents volunteers to help:
10:30 to 11:30 help set up the luncheon
11:30 to 12:30 serve
12:30 to 1:00 clean up
Please email email@example.com if you are able to help. Thank you!
1) The Livingston High School Chess Team is hosting a chess fair for the community on Saturday, June 10. Please see this flyer for details!
2) School Supply Kits for the 23-24 school year are now available for purchase! This convenient service saves parents the potential hassle of shopping for school supplies during the summer, especially late August when everyone else is doing it, too! Interested families can find information here. Given that this is optional, of course, the attached has the itemized supply list for those who would prefer to purchase on their own. Please note that the purchase window ends June 30. Special thanks to the Hillside PTA and Supply Coordinator, Mrs. Abramowitz, for coordinating the process with us!
3) District subscription bus transportation information for next school year is now available and can be found in this folder. Please note that there are two documents in the folder; a letter from the district with information and the application. This service is available for in-district students only. Applications are due by July 5.
Thank you for reading and have a great week!
P.S. These weekly messages are also posted on the school's site for your convenience.
P.P.S. Follow Hillside School on Twitter at @Hillside_Elem!
Upcoming Dates to Remember!
Week of June 5, 2023
Monday, 6-5: Spring Concert Rehearsal for Student Body, 9:15 a.m., Upper Gym
Spring Concert, 6:30 p.m., HMS Auditorium
Tuesday, 6-6: Literacy Celebration (students only), 12:30 – 2:20 p.m., Lower Gym
Wednesday, 6-7: Fifth Grade Boat Trip
Thursday, 6-8: Third Grade Instrumental Demos, 1:30 p.m., Upper Gym
Superintendent Parent Forum, 4:30 – 6:30 p.m., HMS Media Center
Incoming Kindergarten Parent Orientation, 7:00 p.m., Upper Gym
Friday, 6-9: Fourth Grade 24 Tournament, AM
PTA After School Bake Sale
Week of June 12, 2023
Monday, 6-12: Green Binz School Supply Collection Begins
Tuesday, 6-13: Kindergarten Celebration, 8:30 a.m., Upper Gym
PTA Meeting, 7:00 p.m.
BOE Workshop Meeting, 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, 6-14: Flag Day
Incoming Kindergartener Screening
Thursday, 6-15: Fifth Grade Moving Up Ceremony, 8:30 a.m., Upper Gym
Animal Show for K & 5 Buddy Classes, 1:00 p.m.
Friday, 6-16: Schools Closed for Observance of Juneteenth
Sunday, 6-18: Happy Father’s Day!
Week of June 19, 2023
Monday, 6-19: Juneteenth
Student Council Election Assembly, 8:45 a.m., Upper Gym
Character Color Wars Talent Show Cheer Practice, 9:45 a.m.
Second Grade EoY Tie-Dye Parties, 12:45 p.m., Outside
Fourth Grade EoY Class Parties/Kickball Game, 12:45 p.m., Outside
Tuesday, 6-20: Final Marking Period Ends, Grades K-5
First Grade EoY Parties, 1:00 p.m.
BOE Voting Meeting, 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, 6-21: Partial Day of School for Students, 12:00 p.m. Dismissal
Green Binz Collection Ends
Fifth Grade Talent Show for Student Body Only, 8:45 a.m., Upper Gym
Thursday, 6-22: Last Day of School!
Partial Day of School for Students, 12:00 p.m. Dismissal
Fifth Grade Clap Out! 12:00 p.m., Door 9
Final Report Cards Available to Families in Genesis Portal after 3:00 p.m.
- June 2023
- May 2023
- April 2023
- March 2023
- February 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020