This year the students will explore many different tpoics in math, it is helpful to relate these learning experiences to real life situations at home too!
1st grade Math:
Unit 1- Reviewing Number Concepts
Unit 2- Extending number concepts
Unit 3-Understanding Addition and Subtraction
Unit 4- Addition Strategies
Unit 5- Place Value
Unit 6- Subtraction Strategies
Unit 7- Tine/ Money
Unit 8- Geomety
Unit 9- Measurement
A first grade student will be able to:
2nd Grade Math:Unit 1- Number SenseUnit 2- Money (Mini Unit)Unit 3- Time (Mini Unit)Unit 4- AdditionUnit 5 - SubtractionUnit 6 - Data Analysis and MeasurementUnit 7- GeometryUnit 8- FractionsA second grade student will be able to:
- represent numbers 1-20 in a variety of ways
- explore number sense concepts including ones and tens
- skip counting
- problem solving strategies by acting it out or drawing
- understand matematical terms related to adding and subtracting
- learn addition strategies
- Learn subtraction strategies
- identify coins and uses in real life
- Create number stories, model, represent, and use appropriate strategies to recall addition/subtraction facts to 24.
- Create number stories, model, represent and use appropriate strategies to compute double digit addition/subtraction problems.
- Recognize, know values and equivalences, and model combinations of coins that equal given amounts or give change for amounts up to $1.00.
- Build models, and identify and compare attributes among various 3 dimensional shapes.
- Build models, represent and compare two and three digit numbers.
- Measure, estimate, use and compare non-standard and standard units in context.
- Represent, analyze, interpret and make predictions based on a set of contrived or student generated data
Last Modified on September 1, 2020