¡Bienvenidos a la clase de Español
I hope you had a wonderful summer vacation. I look forward to meeting you and starting the school year. We have so many new and exciting things to learn! I hope you are as eager as I am to get started. This year we will continue to sharpen our skills as well as explore Spanish culture and music through games! Once we get rolling and you are really working, I have a few more fun surprises :)
I look forward to sharing my love for the Spanish language and culture with you! YOU WILL BE SPANISH ROCK STARS before you know it!
The expectation from Livingston Public Schools are for language classes to be 90% in the target language and 10% English use. Still keeping in mind that elementary Spanish is only an introduction to the language and using the target language will allow your child to be exposed to and grow in the language.
My expectations are that students follow my 4 basic rules...
1) pay attention by looking and listening, this will allow for your child to pick up what is being said since I use visuals and gestures when speaking in the target language.
2) Treat each other, including myself, with respect!
3) Raise your hand ONLY for English, I allow stduents to call out in Spanish to communicate with me but ask that if they can't express themselves in Spanish just to raise their hand.
4) Sit OR stand approprietly, this is for the safety of your child since I do a lot of work group with students! If these 4 rules are followed this allows for all the fun games and activites I have planned for the year!
5) Have fun BUT DON'T GO BANANAS!
A little about myself...
~*~*~Just keep calm and speak Spanish!~*~*~
P.S. parents please check out my resoruces, videos and games your child can do at home on the tabs to the left side.
If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me firstname.lastname@example.org