- All classes should walk on the right hand side of the hallways and stairways. (Green signs will indicate GO on doors.)
- Stop at all stop signs so your teachers can see you at all times.
- Classes should be in single file lines.
- Hands at your sides.
- No talking.
- The line leader and door holder are always the 1st and 2nd people on line.
- The door holders should stand carefully when they hold the door.
- Only one boy and one girl from each classroom are allowed in the bathroom at a time.
- All classrooms should have a sign-out sheet with the times listed (primary grades will use small digital clocks).
- Students should use bathroom manners. (Ex: no locking the doors on people; no throwing wet paper towels; urine only goes where it belongs; no clogging sinks.)
- Ball playing is for the fields. No playing ball on the blacktop except wall ball and 4 square.
- When playing on the fields please stay away from the woods.
- Always stay within sight of the playground aides. Do not leave the playground/blacktop area.
- No hard balls, bats, or sticks.
- Take care of the equipment. Return to the proper place or person.
- Treat everyone kindly. No hitting or kicking, etc.
- Speak appropriately. No foul language.
- Take turns, be considerate and include all those that are in the same grade level in a game.
- If you have a problem and can’t work it out on your own, please go to an aide for help.
- We go DOWN slides on playground and take turns on all of the equipment.
- We sit on swings and do not twist and turn on them or twist the chains. Do not jump off while it is moving.
- We respect our building and grounds. Do not pull or hang on low tree branches.
- Leave stones and wood chips where they are and do not throw.
- We climb only on playground equipment. Do not climb on railing or wall near the new gym.
- Only appropriate footwear should be used when climbing equipment on the playground – no sandals, clogs etc.
- The classrooms are locked at lunch. No going back to the classroom for toys or ice cream money.
- All students must obtain a pass from an aide in order to enter the building during recess.
Lining up at the end of recess
- When the bell rings at the end of recess, stop playing and go to your class line.
- Return balls and equipment to the aides.
- Do not get out of your class line.
- There should be no playing with balls, electronic games, etc., after the bell.
- Make sure all jackets and sweaters have been picked up from your line.
- No pushing or shoving in line.
- Recess is over once you re-enter the building. Please use inside voices and behavior.
- Lunch basket holders need to wait until all classes have passed before carrying baskets up the stairs (4th and 5th grade classes).
- Do not dive into the lunch baskets for lunches. They should be passed out by the assigned classroom helper.
- No playing with toys during lunchtime in the cafeteria.
- All food/drinks must be eaten in the lunchroom. Do not bring food outside.
- Sit on your coat in the lunchroom.
- Please carry lunch baskets in the hallway. Do not drag the baskets.
Rainy Day Lunch
- There can be no running or ball playing due to space restrictions.
- Paper and crayons are provided. Children can bring small items to play with from home. All items should be labeled with child’s name.
- When whistle is blown 3 long times that is the signal for the children to clean up and return to their lines. All children must clean up.
- Homeroom teachers will walk into gym/café to get their classes. 5th grade students should sit at tables and 4th sit on the rug/floor when waiting for teachers.
- Please remember that we are a caring community and demonstrate this by using your best manners.
- In the morning, please listen quietly to the announcements.
- Please say "Good Morning," etc. to adults in the hallway and smile/wave when passing other classes.
- Our building signal is "Hands-Up" at which point all talking stops and attention is given to the speaker or performer.
- While in assemblies, please remember to sit camper style so everyone can see, and do not talk during performances.
- Please remember to show your appreciation for any performance by clapping at the end.