Supporting School Gardens and Outdoor Classrooms
The LEF has allocated funds for:
- $1,125 toward the MPE Courtyard #1 to include: Spring 2015: Goals/Phases 1-8and Special Projects; and
- $6,100 toward the building of the MPE Courtyard #2: to include pavers, bench seating, stage, blackboard; as well as,
- $500 toward the Burnet Hill Garden to create an eco-system that will support the current garden structure, including: Honey Bee Area, Worm Garden and Butterfly Garden
- $9,000 to the Collins Kindness Garden toward materials and installation of garden hardscape to include: raised and framed planting beds, gravel garden paths and beneficial border herb and sensory garden.
- $793 to EarthKeepers at Mt. Pleasant Middle School toward the creation of their garden.