Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Shira Roth
August 29, 2022
Dear Third Graders and Families,
Welcome to Third Grade! I hope that you are finishing up a fantastic summer and are preparing yourself for a busy and fun-filled year at MPE!
I want to take a moment to tell you a little about myself. I grew up nearby and graduated from Millburn High School, then went on to Cornell University for my Bachelor’s Degree and later completed my Master’s of Education at The University of Central Oklahoma. I have taught first, second, third, and fourth grades. I live with my three boys in Livingston, and they attend Hillside Elementary, Mount Pleasant Middle School, and Heritage Middle School. We spend our summers at Camp Nah Jee Wah, where I worked as a Division Head while they attend camp.
I am very excited to get to know each of you as we begin our third grade journey together! Here are a few good tips and reminders to make your first few days as a third grader successful.
First Day of School
School will begin at 7:55 a.m. on Thursday, September 1. We will meet on the blacktop outside. Just look for a sign with my name on it: Ms. Roth. We will say goodbye to our parents there, and we will walk to our classroom, Room 103.
To begin our first day together, many of you have already purchased the Tool Kit through the PTA. These supplies will be waiting for you in our classroom. If you did not purchase these supplies, the third grade supply list is located on my teacher webpage.
Additionally, on the first day of school, please bring with you:
- a reading book/books of your choice
- a backpack with any school supplies you have
- a pencil box (cloth or hard plastic)
- a healthy snack for snack time and reusable water bottle (today and every school day)
- your lunch labeled with your name (if you are not buying)
- an art smock labeled with your name
- A SMILE!
Reminders/Notes for Parents
- We will have PE on Wednesdays and Thursdays. On those days, please make sure your child wears sneakers to school.
- Please let me know of any daily changes in transportation home in writing or via email to ensure your child's safety. However, if the change is last-minute please be sure to notify the office, as I will not be checking my email during instructional time. If your student is being picked up on the blacktop and you want them to meet you at another location on school property, please send in a note saying that it is ok for them to do so.
- Please check your child's take home folder and homework book each night!
- Feel free to contact me at school with any questions, comments or concerns. I can also be reached by email at email@example.com.
I'm very excited for school to start and to meet each of you! I know we're going to have a great time together this year. Enjoy the rest of your summer, and I am looking forward to seeing you on September 1st!