NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY
Julius C. Bernstein Chapter
- Ms. Lori Perez, Educational Technology Coach - Email: email@example.com
- Ms. Kathryn Picardo, Social Studies Teacher - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the National Honor Society:
Founded in 1921, the National Honor Society recognizes outstanding high school students who have demonstrated commitment to four principles: scholarship, leadership, service, and character. More than one million high school students participate in NHS related activities today.
For more information about the national organization, please visit the NHS website. (You can also follow NHS on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.)
Academic Eligibility for Nomination:
- Juniors with a cumulative core weighted grade point average of 3.65 or higher are eligible for nomination in February of their junior year.
- Seniors with a cumulative core weighted grade point average of 3.65 or higher are eligible for nomination in September of their senior year.
Other Important Information:
- Nomination is not considered acceptance to the National Honor Society.
- Your disciplinary conduct record will be considered along with your academic qualifications.
- Please read the section below to learn about the application process.
If you meet the requirements for nomination, you will receive an email inviting you to apply to the National Honor Society. Invitations to apply will be emailed in late February for Juniors and at the end of August for Seniors.
If you received an email inviting you to apply to NHS, you must complete and submit the application by the deadline in order to be considered for membership.
The application is your opportunity to tell us about your participation, leadership, and volunteer service in school and community activities. This information will be reviewed by our faculty committee to assist with the fair consideration of your candidacy. Read the directions carefully, and respond completely and thoughtfully. Please type your responses.
Please refer to your invitation email or the application for all deadlines.
- New members are required to participate in the induction ceremony in the evening on May 21, 2020.
- Membership dues are $15.
If you have any questions about membership in the National Honor Society or the application process, please do feel free to reach out via email.