National Business Honor Society of
Livingston High SchoolThe primary purpose of the Business Honor Society is to recognize those students who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in a secondary business program.
Juniors and Seniors who have completed or are currently enrolled in their third full-year Business course or 6th semester Business course (a full-year course measures as 2 semesters and a half-year course measures as 1 semester).
- Applications can be picked up in Business classes beginning September 6, 2016.
- All candidates must submit completed applications by Friday, September 16, 2016 to Mrs. Cornell.
- Induction ceremony will take place on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 7pm.
- GPA Business Courses minimum: 90% (A-) 3.67
- GPA Overall All Classes minimum: 85% (B) 3.0
Students selected for recognition will have demonstrated, both in the classroom and through extracurricular involvement, the following:
- Character (evidenced by teachers attesting to this quality)
- Leadership (evidenced by committee chair positions, officer/chair or other lead positions in student organizations, civic/community leadership roles, etc.)
- Service (evidenced by volunteer activities in the school and/or community, etc.)
Students will be required to attend all scheduled meetings with the exception of one excused absence (see meeting schedule below).
Maintain a 3.67 GPA for business courses and 3.0 overall GPA for all subsequent years of membership.
Students must demonstrate and continue to maintain appropriate standards of conduct that would be expected from an Honor Society member.
Please note, Junior members must reapply for continued membership in their Senior year and complete only parts 2 and 3 of the application (An essay is not required for re-application)
The requirements for maintaining your membership will be monitored. If requirements are not being met you will be dismissed from the society and your membership terminated.
Application, Selection, and Recognition Process:
- Business Honor Society advisor(s) verify eligibility and select students.
- A list of potential members will be distributed to all business staff for review.
- Students may be denied if any one of the criteria is not met.
- Selected students are required to pay $10 annual dues ($5 for renewal membership)
- Selected students will be honored at an induction ceremony (Mandatory attendance to be a full member).
- Business Department completes certificates, prepares and sends a congratulatory letter to each student with an additional copy sent to the school guidance department, and registers the membership with the National Business Education Association.
- Honorees will be awarded National Business Honor Society pins at the year-end meeting, after completion of the community service hour requirement.
Member Community Service Project:
· National Business Honor Society Members will be required to complete 5 hours of community service offered by the membership or completed on their own (verifiable and solely used for National Business Honor Society).
· Senior Community Service Hours Log must be completed and submitted no later than January 24, 2017 to maintain membership.
· Junior Community Service Hours Log must be completed and submitted no later than March 21, 2017 to maintain membership and be eligible for re-application.
2016-2017 Meeting Schedule: INDUCTION CEREMONY is MANDATORY to be a member of Livingston NBHS
Initial General Meeting/ Officer Applications/Collection of Dues
Officer Applications Due
Officer Announcement/Induction Rehearsal
Community Service Meeting (officers)
General Meeting-Holiday Breakfast
Community Service Meeting
(Service Hour Logs Due for Seniors)
(Service Hour Logs Due for Juniors)
General Meeting-Pin Distribution BreakfastFor application, click here