Reporting an Absence
Livingston Public Schools places a high emphasis on student attendance to ensure that all children meet State-mandated criteria and to hold the expectation that every student will attend every day to assure maximum progress. Specific attendance reporting procedures may be found in the individual school handbooks and within the district attendance policy (Policy #5200) and regulations.
Genesis Parent Portal
In order to ensure the safety of our students, parents should report their child's absence or tardy in the Genesis Parent Portal before their child's school starts for the day. This system replaces the "Call For Safety" procedure.
Absences, Tardiness and/or Truancy
- Students must report to school/class on time.
- Absences, tardiness and early dismissals must have documented approval from a parent/legal guardian. Medical dismissals should be processed through the school nurse.
- Students who are truant, whether absent, tardy or dismissed early, are subject to attendance proceedings as outlined in the individual school’s student handbook.
High School Credit
- High school students will lose credit for any course if absences exceed ten percent of scheduled class time as specified in N.J.A.C. 6A:32-13.1(a). Please refer to the LBOE Policy #5200 and Regulation #5200.
- Participation in co-curricular activities must be compliant with individual school rules and are at the discretion of the principal.
Leaving School Grounds
No student shall leave school grounds during the academic day without permission from the administrator/designee of the building.