Technology and Design is a comprehensive design course that provides students with the knowledge and skills to understand the connection between science and technology. Upon completing this course, students will have the knowledge and skills necessary to design, document, build, test, and present solutions to technological issues in science and other courses across the curriculum.
Who Typically Takes This Course?
* Students who enjoyed their middle school Tech Ed. Classes and want to know more about technology,design, and engineering.
* Students interested in competing in TSA, FIRST Robotics, The Shell Ecomarathon, Femgineers, and other clubs and competitions.
* Students who like to design and build things, who like to know how and why things work the way they do.
* Students who want to all the areas of technology (Transportation, Graphics, CAD, Electronics/Robotics, Construction, Machine Tools).
* Students who want to see the connection between science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) and possibly want to pursue a career in STEM field.
Students Who Take This Course Frequently Take the Following Courses Concurrently or Next Year:
Engineering CAD 1
AP Computer Principles
Technology and Design 2
What People Say About This Course:
"Designing and testing the bridges was awesome!"
"Gave me a great background in a lot of engineering areas..."
"Just a fun class to take, the projects and activities are exciting and interesting"
"I wish that had this course when I was in high school..."