Welcome to the AP Science Electives Applications page.
At Livingston High School, we operate under the policy of open enrollment, meaning that, as long as you meet the prerequisites for a course and fill out an application, you may choose to enroll in the courses of your choice. The reason we require you to fill out an application is so that the teachers of your desired AP course(s) can evaluate your academic preparedness for their course and give you a recommendation as to whether they feel that you'll find success in their course. While we take these recommendations very seriously (and we hope you will too), regardless of the recommendation, as long as you have met the prerequisites and filled out the application on time, you can enroll in the course.
- The application window is open until 8:00 am on January 30, 2023.
- The course descriptions have been placed at the beginning of each application. Please read them prior to filling out the application to make sure that you meet the prerequisites for the course you are applying for.
- Please answer all questions as truthfully as possible. Access your academic records on Genesis to make sure that you are reporting grades accurately. If you are currently enrolled in a course, please report your SEMESTER 1 current average. If you have not received your semester 1 final average, please submit your semester 1 average as of the time of your submission.
- You MUST fill out an application for EACH Advanced Placement Science Elective you are considering registering for. If you are even considering registering for one or more of the AP Science Electives, please fill out the application for each. Failure to fill out an application will deem you ineligible to register for the elective.
- Your counselor will share with you your recommendation for each course you applied for at your scheduling meeting.
- Late applicants will be added to a wait list. If, after scheduling is completed, there are available seats in a course, applicants will be contacted in the order in which the late applications were received.
AP Environmental Science
AP Physics 1
AP Physics 2
AP Physics C: Mechanics
AP Physics C: Electricity & Magnetism